3.2K views

I will start by saying that my daughter and I are frequent shoppers at Joann's, that is until may last visit today. I had purchased several skeins of yarn in November 2016 for several projects I was making for Christmas and birthday gifts.

I purchased extra to make sure that wouldn't run out, expecting to return what I wasn't able to use. I checked the back of the receipt for the return policy. It states "If you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it along with your receipt. A full refund will be offered in the original method of payment, as a merchandise exchange, or in a merchandise return card".

I went to the store (my receipt in hand) and The lady at the register told me there is nothing they can do as it is past 90 days. This is not stated ANYWHERE. Now, I'm stuck with 3 skeins of yarn ($9.99 each) which I'm unable to use.

I understand we're not talking big money here, however, I have two children in college and that $30 could have gone towards groceries. I've never had any issues with return at Michael's or A C Moore, so I will continue to bring them business instead, and will pass the word along to friends and family (and internet) regarding the lack of flexibility and compassion of the Joann's policies and staff.

Review about: Joann Fabric Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Return policy.

Comments

Those dye lots will never be matchable, so the yarn is junk to the store now.

I am really sad to hear that because I am a manager at one of the Jo-Ann's and yes it does not say that on the receipt and you can return anything it doesn't matter how long it was if you have your receipt there is no limit on it so it looks like somebody doesn't know how to do their job

I work at a different Joann store and we return stuff with no real defined time limit. After 90 days the register gives a pop-up warning that it's been that long since the purchase, but you just hit enter and it lets you continue the return - which is what my manager told me to do so other stores should have the option as well.

The only items we've turned down returns for, that I know of, are remnants and items that are no longer in our system. For example, if Christmas is over and we don't regularly carry a Christmas-themed item it will not be in our system with a price, so how can we give you a return on it?

Who besides Walmart doesn't have a 30 or 90 day return policy? What were you doing for those 3 months that you couldn't return it?

Policy is policy, they aren't going to break it for you.

Also, you don't have 2 "children" in college, you have two grown adults who I'd hope can pay for their own groceries. If $30 is going to set you back that much, then you don't need to be shopping at specialty stores.

to Anon #1401569

For example Kohls or Macy's don't have 30 or 90 days return policy.

to Anon #1456408

Seriously

to Anon #1482191

Yarn is sometimes purchased with the thought it will be used in the future, perhaps after current projects are completed. If it doesn't give a time limit the customer has a right to assume there isn't one.Stores should be consistent with policies.Having said that, I would like to say "I LIKE JOANNS" and have not had a problem with returns.

to Anon #1495197

That seams weird since I returned a fabric that was bought over 2 years ago, but more than likely the items weren't in the system since they do change their stock quite often. But I do agree, art is a luxury not a necessity, if you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Although for such a crafty person I find it hard to believe that you can't find something to do with the yarn, and you know ebay's thing.

to Anon #1521485

This is the stupidest comment I've ever read on the internet.

to Anon #1525166

You are something else lady! Get a life!

It's been 8 flipping months. Are you *** me right now?! I wouldn't have returned it either.