4.4

I shop here every week and generally have a great experience. Today I went for tulle to put over my tomato plants.

The woman at the cutting table, Nancy, had no customers so I walked right up and said I wanted 2 five yard pieces. She said, with an annoyed tone in her voice, normally she couldn't make 2 cuts but because it wasn't busy she will do it, like out of the kindness of her heart she was doing me a favor. I hope she saw that I visibly taken aback! I said, what?!

You don't make two cuts? She said, still annoyed, that she WAS going to make a second cut. I have purchased miles of fabric from this store and had multiple cuts made of the same fabric.

If this is a new policy, how ridiculous is that! I think if I want 10 one yard pieces, I should get it without any comment about some outrageous policy and without a attitude that shows me you should not be working retail!

Comments

Customers like you who demand certain treatment are probably not going to get. Did you ever think that maybe you’re the problem? The customer is not always right!

I have had them stand and rip fabric into a piece instead of getting the requested length. Again, their policy. I told her I didn't care for their policy and to please pick up a pair of scissors and cut the length of fabric requested.

to Barbara #1522106

Usually if it is torn it is to make sure you do get what you want. Some fabric doesn't cut correct but will tear a straight line (ie muslin).

Hope this helps. You of course should be able to request your fabric be cut rather than torn.

I'd like 400 1 inch piece please.

Arrogant ladies in the fabric section...I really do like this shop..but I wouldn't go back there again....No more

Staff is really rude...