4.4

I shop here every week and generally have a great experience. Today I went for tulle to put over my tomato plants.

The woman at the cutting table, Nancy, had no customers so I walked right up and said I wanted 2 five yard pieces. She said, with an annoyed tone in her voice, normally she couldn't make 2 cuts but because it wasn't busy she will do it, like out of the kindness of her heart she was doing me a favor. I hope she saw that I visibly taken aback! I said, what?!

You don't make two cuts? She said, still annoyed, that she WAS going to make a second cut. I have purchased miles of fabric from this store and had multiple cuts made of the same fabric.

If this is a new policy, how ridiculous is that! I think if I want 10 one yard pieces, I should get it without any comment about some outrageous policy and without a attitude that shows me you should not be working retail!

Product or Service Mentioned: Joann Fabric Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 02.

Comments

Wow, there are numerous reasons we don’t do custom cutting of fabric. 1)if you have a coupon it is good on only one cut of fabric so if you have us cut 10 yards into 1 yard pieces you can only use coupon on 1 yard.

2) if we put the 10 yards as one cut and cut them in 1 yard pieces you can not return any unused fabric because we can not except cut fabric as a return, so we have to put them in at 1 yard pieces and then you go back to not being able to use your coupon. 3) no matter how well someone cuts the fabric there is always a chance that one piece maybe off by 1/8 of an inch and you are not happy. So you tell me what does one do to make you happy? It’s a no no win situation for the people cutting your fabric and following corporate rules.

No one is worth losing their job over. Sorry

Customers like you who demand certain treatment are probably not going to get. Did you ever think that maybe you’re the problem? The customer is not always right!

I have had them stand and rip fabric into a piece instead of getting the requested length. Again, their policy. I told her I didn't care for their policy and to please pick up a pair of scissors and cut the length of fabric requested.

to Barbara #1522106

Usually if it is torn it is to make sure you do get what you want. Some fabric doesn't cut correct but will tear a straight line (ie muslin).

Hope this helps. You of course should be able to request your fabric be cut rather than torn.

to Barbara #1578370

The only fabric we Tear is Velvet after making a small cut. All others are cut with scissors. Unless brocade, we use pinking shears.

I'd like 400 1 inch piece please.

Arrogant ladies in the fabric section...I really do like this shop..but I wouldn't go back there again....No more

Staff is really rude...