Not worth it. Will return all fabric. Will never go there again!

How these people have jobs there is beyond me. How Joann Fabric hires and enables this behavior is outrageous. These people would never be able to work for my company.

{{Redacted}}

Review about: Joann Fabric Sales Representative.

I didn't like: Any of the sales people, Bad manager attitude, Knowledge or support from your retail staff, High prices.

Comments

Once upon a time, Joann's was a decent place to work and to shop. Their stores were small, scattered throughout the area, and the employees were a family of women who knew their subject - sewing/quilting.

Customers would shop on the days their favorite employees were working.

Everybody was happy. Then corporate built their super stores, closed down all the existing stores and everything went to *** in a handbasket.

JoAnn's is a retail store and only a retail store. Employees are not required to know anything about sewing or crafting to work there.

I worked there over a year, and never once had the 15 minute break I was entitled to.

We never had enough people staffing the stores and we were always overworked. Until corporate fixes those problems, you aren't going to get quality service.

They dont pay enough for their employees to care., dont give basic human needs such as rest peroids. Dont give enough stafffing to properly run a store.

How about complainig to the actual company instead of whining anonymously?

If we had reason to care maybe we'd treat our customers better. We are WAY over worked and underpaid.

Sorry that you have had such a bad personal experience.I have worked low end paid retail and been in a position where customers came to me expecting me to have the knowledge and expertise that, had I such knowledge, would have qualified me to be working a much more professional job that the minimum wage one at a retail store. So, keep that in mind when judging them on their sewing and textile knowledge.Rudeness or a lack of pride in one's work is another issue.

I simply cannot defend that.Do you pay your employees for their level of knowledge and skill? I will guarantee you that the retail associate is working for min wage.They should know where different products are in the store, but they are not required to be able to answer textile or sewing questions. That was one hallmark of the old fashioned fabric store is that they actually had employees with sewing related knowledge and they kept them. One that I used to shop at had employees that were there for decades.

They knew stuff!! In our modern era, the "fabric" store is, in reality, a crafting store and I can guarantee you that they probably know less about knitting, beading and scrapbooking than they do about sewing.

It is not required that they be knowledgable. The corporation might have to actually pay them for that knowledge.Yes, Joanns is a pretty sorry place---, pretty, pretty sorry!

to jehanne carter #1450379