1.9

Joann's ran a sale on Snuggle Flannel Fabric, the only fabric I buy from this store, as most of the rest of it is of inferior quality. At any rate, the sale was great -$2.10 per yard on "all Snuggle print flannel." I specifically wanted the "Pretty Floral" pattern.

It was NOT available in the store, NOT available online, and out of stock at a store that could accept online orders shipped to it. (My store is in Lakewood, CO; no online orders can be shipped to it; the next closest one is in Westminster, which does accept online deliveries for pickup). Okay, I hope you are following this. I then chose seven other possible Snuggle print fabrics as possibilities for the rag quilt I am planning as a gift to a friend.

Only ONE of the prints was available in store; the other six were not available in store or online, therefore, not available to shipping to another store for pickup. (I did a spot check today and found one of the six available prints at the alternate store -but for $3.49 (a good price but not $2.10 advertised). IN SHORT, JOANN FABRICS ADVERTISES GREAT SALES BUT DOES NOT HAVE THE PRODUCT IN STOCK, EITHER IN THE STORE, ONLINE, OR IN A STORE THAT COULD ACCEPT AN ONLINE DELIVERY. I call this false advertising (bait and switch?), trying to lure people into the store to get them to buy something else.

The first clerk I spoke to was clueless as to what was on sale; when I called back later to verify how long the price of $2.10 would be the sale price, I was told until January 01, 2017. On two other occasions, I was being checked out, and the clerk charged me full price, and I had to show her on my phone the sale price; just last week, I bought Symphony Broadcloth Cotton (and never will again -it's hideous as a quilt backing). It was on sale for $3.99; I was charged $5.99 and because I was in a hurry (my son drove me and had to get to a doctor's appointment), I didn't notice, as I had also bought thread and bias tape binding. The point is, and several have complained about this, they will charge you the full price on sale items and hope to get away with it.

In another instance, I bought batting, which was on sale. This time I was proactive: I stuck my phone in the clerk's face and showed her the sale price of the item, even though on the shelf it was not marked as a sale item. Finally, on the matter of customer service, the lines are long at checkout, and it is nearly impossible to find a sales clerk on the floor. I apologize for the length of this review.

You might be asking yourself, why do I bother shopping there if it is so horrible? Well, I'm 72 years old and do not drive on major 4-lane streets), so I either have to get my son to come over and take me (and he is very ill with a heart condition) or I have to take the bus to the train station. It is cold in Denver right now, and these old bones suffer in the cold.

Joann's is the closest fabric store to me (on Colfax in Lakewood, CO). Mostly, I order quality fabric and thread online, but I tend to buy my batting and cheaper thread (to be used on bias tape binding) from Joann's.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue of joann fabric flannel fabric from Joann Fabric and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Joann Fabric to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Joann Fabric for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments