Jo-Ann doesn't care about their customers!
I saw flannel on sale at $2.99 a yard (regularly $6.99). I am not one for buying online, so I called the Jo-Ann closest to me (40 mins. away) to see if they had it in stock, as it was listed online. I only wanted 3 yds & they had 7 yards at the sale price but was told the sale would be off "tomorrow". I knew I would not be able to go down the next day so I decided to buy the 3 yds online so I could get the sale price. While I was at it, I purchased some scissors. I
received an email 4 days later that said the shipment had gone out. The next day, I received another email saying the fabric was 'out of stock'. I called customer service & said I had ordered 3 yds
of #(item) but received an email stating that they were out of stock & asked how that could be when I was looking right at the same fabric online which said "in stock", as I spoke to her on the phone.
The phony, insincere woman tried to give me a plethora of lame
excuses. She said "Maybe they didn't have 3 yards." It said "in stock" NOT "limited stock" AND NOT "only two yards left". Then she tried to say "Maybe they didn't have 3 consecutive yards. Maybe they had 3 yards cut in separate pieces." I replied "That would have been fine to send me but I was not contacted."
If there had been less than 3 yards, it probably would not have been even listed! I find these excuses to be sad attempts of trying to conceal how greedy Jo-Ann is.
OVER A WEEK LATER, the same fabric is still listed as "in stock". Jo-Ann simply didn't want to give me the sale price for it!
I had asked the woman if she could send me a voucher to my email, stating that half of my order had been canceled so I could pick up the 3 yards at the store & have the sale price honored & she said "We don't do that." I told her I would then refuse
the box of scissors when it arrived & wanted a 100% refund. She said I could do that.
I made sure to ask point-blank that it would be a 100% refund & she said "Yes.". Yet, when I looked on the website in the terms for refunds section, it is stated "Please note: The shipping and handling charges will only be refunded if the return is a result of our error."
Beware: don't buy from Jo-Ann - they don't care about their
customers, they lie, give pitiful excuses & have the worst system that will not inform a buyer of changes to their order.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- It's too late! I have no interst in Jo-Ann anymore(!) for anything! I WAS a long time customer. Let this be your lesson.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sale Price Honor
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Ordered two Logitech K400 wireless keyboards and they did not come with USB receivers they came with some sort of USB extension that is NOT a receiver. Contacted support three..."
- "I started using Listia 3 years ago, and I've seen everything there is to see on the website. I also experimented quite a bit with the many features of the..."
- "Often I use the restroom at JoAnn Fabric store in Conyers, Georgia and it leaves much to be desired. Often I don't want to use it because I never know..."
- "I was employed by Daisher Chiles as a construction worker on one of their latest projects. Dana Chiles randomly one day fired me because I was apparently not working hard..."
- "I received a pair of shoes that I had ordered online and the box looked like it had been crushed in a trash compactor and then a raccoon tried to..."
- "We bought our GE Cafe gas range/oven in 2008 and were pleased for the most part except for knobs. Beware they break...complete design flaw. The plastic tip where the knob..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."
- "I have become the victim of rascism by Kayla Dormer who is emploed at Aerotek recruting which is a recruiting firm. I met Kayla for the recruitment process and ..."