Joann Fabric - Boycotting for life! Advertises sale prices but refuses to give them!
Jo-Ann doesn't care about their customers!
I saw flannel on sale at $2.99 a yard (regularly $6.99). I am not one for buying online, so I called the Jo-Ann closest to me (40 mins. away) to see if they had it in stock, as it was listed online. I only wanted 3 yds & they had 7 yards at the sale price but was told the sale would be off "tomorrow". I knew I would not be able to go down the next day so I decided to buy the 3 yds online so I could get the sale price. While I was at it, I purchased some scissors. I
received an email 4 days later that said the shipment had gone out. The next day, I received another email saying the fabric was 'out of stock'. I called customer service & said I had ordered 3 yds
of #(item) but received an email stating that they were out of stock & asked how that could be when I was looking right at the same fabric online which said "in stock", as I spoke to her on the phone.
The phony, insincere woman tried to give me a plethora of lame
excuses. She said "Maybe they didn't have 3 yards." It said "in stock" NOT "limited stock" AND NOT "only two yards left". Then she tried to say "Maybe they didn't have 3 consecutive yards. Maybe they had 3 yards cut in separate pieces." I replied "That would have been fine to send me but I was not contacted."
If there had been less than 3 yards, it probably would not have been even listed! I find these excuses to be sad attempts of trying to conceal how greedy Jo-Ann is.
OVER A WEEK LATER, the same fabric is still listed as "in stock". Jo-Ann simply didn't want to give me the sale price for it!
I had asked the woman if she could send me a voucher to my email, stating that half of my order had been canceled so I could pick up the 3 yards at the store & have the sale price honored & she said "We don't do that." I told her I would then refuse
the box of scissors when it arrived & wanted a 100% refund. She said I could do that.
I made sure to ask point-blank that it would be a 100% refund & she said "Yes.". Yet, when I looked on the website in the terms for refunds section, it is stated "Please note: The shipping and handling charges will only be refunded if the return is a result of our error."
Beware: don't buy from Jo-Ann - they don't care about their
customers, they lie, give pitiful excuses & have the worst system that will not inform a buyer of changes to their order.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- It's too late! I have no interst in Jo-Ann anymore(!) for anything! I WAS a long time customer. Let this be your lesson.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sale Price Honor
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a bag of $100 face value dimes and it came in paper rolls. Upon opening these rolls for review I found 17 or 20 rolls had 2-4 similar..."
- "Ordered two Logitech K400 wireless keyboards and they did not come with USB receivers they came with some sort of USB extension that is NOT a receiver. Contacted support three..."
- "Short recap of horrors. The host showed up 4 hours late to meet us and gain entry to the apt. We had spent $100+ in intl phone costs in trying..."
- "They messed up on my print by adding an apostrophe after my company's logo on 600 shirts. Not only did it take 6 hours to get someone from Claims..."
- "I bought a slimming pills from this seller http://www.ioffer.com/selling/nixiao but I never get the items. He/she cheated my $100 (my hard earned money). Please be careful. He/she might have other account. April..."
- "I got a fake profile request. I talked to this guy for 1.5 year. His profile said he is 30 and he is a doctor. The pictures he had posted..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."
- "We took our 2016 Jayco Travel Trailer to Camping World Albuquerque. Our furnace quit on us (Cold). They fixed the furnace stating that it was from the MFG not crimping..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."