Joann Fabric - Boycotting for life! Advertises sale prices but refuses to give them!
Jo-Ann doesn't care about their customers!
I saw flannel on sale at $2.99 a yard (regularly $6.99). I am not one for buying online, so I called the Jo-Ann closest to me (40 mins. away) to see if they had it in stock, as it was listed online. I only wanted 3 yds & they had 7 yards at the sale price but was told the sale would be off "tomorrow". I knew I would not be able to go down the next day so I decided to buy the 3 yds online so I could get the sale price. While I was at it, I purchased some scissors. I
received an email 4 days later that said the shipment had gone out. The next day, I received another email saying the fabric was 'out of stock'. I called customer service & said I had ordered 3 yds
of #(item) but received an email stating that they were out of stock & asked how that could be when I was looking right at the same fabric online which said "in stock", as I spoke to her on the phone.
The phony, insincere woman tried to give me a plethora of lame
excuses. She said "Maybe they didn't have 3 yards." It said "in stock" NOT "limited stock" AND NOT "only two yards left". Then she tried to say "Maybe they didn't have 3 consecutive yards. Maybe they had 3 yards cut in separate pieces." I replied "That would have been fine to send me but I was not contacted."
If there had been less than 3 yards, it probably would not have been even listed! I find these excuses to be sad attempts of trying to conceal how greedy Jo-Ann is.
OVER A WEEK LATER, the same fabric is still listed as "in stock". Jo-Ann simply didn't want to give me the sale price for it!
I had asked the woman if she could send me a voucher to my email, stating that half of my order had been canceled so I could pick up the 3 yards at the store & have the sale price honored & she said "We don't do that." I told her I would then refuse
the box of scissors when it arrived & wanted a 100% refund. She said I could do that.
I made sure to ask point-blank that it would be a 100% refund & she said "Yes.". Yet, when I looked on the website in the terms for refunds section, it is stated "Please note: The shipping and handling charges will only be refunded if the return is a result of our error."
Beware: don't buy from Jo-Ann - they don't care about their
customers, they lie, give pitiful excuses & have the worst system that will not inform a buyer of changes to their order.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- It's too late! I have no interst in Jo-Ann anymore(!) for anything! I WAS a long time customer. Let this be your lesson.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sale Price Honor
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "DO NOT purchase Web Watcher iOS to monitor you kids iPod usage. Their screenshots of the features were misleading and made it look like it records "everything", but it..."
- "I bought a Big Deal Coupon for 1499.00 on Angie's List for a ceramic shower surround, with demolition, installation, removal of debris and tile all inclusive. I bought the coupon..."
- "I purchased items which I didn't use, read the back of the receipt on which it states " a full refund will be offered in the original method if payment..."
- "I wish I could get off AARP's mailing list, they occupy the top of my junk mail sender list. They have begun employing a new and rather unscrupulous tactic, in..."
- "On 1/22/17 I entered Walgreens pharmacy around 6:45. I gave the pharmacist my mothers prescription. She then informed me that they had stopped filling prescriptions. The prescription was on an..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "Anyone who is in business should understand one simple aspect: The nuisance they are causing to other people with their highly unprofessional work. Just why do you insist that I,..."
- "I rented a house on Timeshares by Owner, and the house was not in Charleston. I should have looked at the address, but it was directly outside of Charleston. This..."
- "I picked out a beautiful Zen Artistry Bouquet Premium version for a total of $106.00 in a flat green feng shui vase. The version the florist delivered was nothing..."