Joann Fabric - Boycotting for life! Advertises sale prices but refuses to give them!

261 of 421 Joann Fabric reviews

Jo-Ann doesn't care about their customers!

I saw flannel on sale at $2.99 a yard (regularly $6.99). I am not one for buying online, so I called the Jo-Ann closest to me (40 mins. away) to see if they had it in stock, as it was listed online. I only wanted 3 yds & they had 7 yards at the sale price but was told the sale would be off "tomorrow". I knew I would not be able to go down the next day so I decided to buy the 3 yds online so I could get the sale price. While I was at it, I purchased some scissors. I

received an email 4 days later that said the shipment had gone out. The next day, I received another email saying the fabric was 'out of stock'. I called customer service & said I had ordered 3 yds

of #(item) but received an email stating that they were out of stock & asked how that could be when I was looking right at the same fabric online which said "in stock", as I spoke to her on the phone.

The phony, insincere woman tried to give me a plethora of lame

excuses. She said "Maybe they didn't have 3 yards." It said "in stock" NOT "limited stock" AND NOT "only two yards left". Then she tried to say "Maybe they didn't have 3 consecutive yards. Maybe they had 3 yards cut in separate pieces." I replied "That would have been fine to send me but I was not contacted."

If there had been less than 3 yards, it probably would not have been even listed! I find these excuses to be sad attempts of trying to conceal how greedy Jo-Ann is.

OVER A WEEK LATER, the same fabric is still listed as "in stock". Jo-Ann simply didn't want to give me the sale price for it!

I had asked the woman if she could send me a voucher to my email, stating that half of my order had been canceled so I could pick up the 3 yards at the store & have the sale price honored & she said "We don't do that." I told her I would then refuse

the box of scissors when it arrived & wanted a 100% refund. She said I could do that.

I made sure to ask point-blank that it would be a 100% refund & she said "Yes.". Yet, when I looked on the website in the terms for refunds section, it is stated "Please note: The shipping and handling charges will only be refunded if the return is a result of our error."

Beware: don't buy from Jo-Ann - they don't care about their

customers, they lie, give pitiful excuses & have the worst system that will not inform a buyer of changes to their order.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
It's too late! I have no interst in Jo-Ann anymore(!) for anything! I WAS a long time customer. Let this be your lesson.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Sale Price Honor
Review category
Advertising
review #544722

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Joann Fabric? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 9 No 9
Had the same issue 6 Yes 6
261 of 421 Joann Fabric reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 08 #1155809

Yeah they reeeeeeeally just wanted to save the $9 by not giving you the sale price. It has nothing to do with the million plus dollars upgrading their infrastructure hardware and software to have instant stock awareness functionality in their online cart system. They really care about saving $9 by not giving you an item they clearly placed on sale because they had too much of at the price they advertised it at, despite of course deciding to discount everybody else's orders.
Get over yourself. When you call a customer service person who makes $8/hr max and treat them as if they personally are thieves and dishonest because you can't deal with a fact of life when it comes to retail and shipping logistics, do you really expect them to go out of their way to help you?

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.